Different versions of rice pudding are eaten across many cultures with many different recipes. One thing they all typically have in common is lots of lactose. Try our lactose-free version of Arroz Con Leche made with our whole milk yogurt and sour cream. We definitely don't compromise on real dairy taste or super creamy texture.Green Valley Creamery
Rice Pudding Ingredients
4 cups Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
2/3 cup medium grain rice, rinsed (e.g., Calrose)
1/2 cup golden raisins (optional)
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup granulated sugar
Four 2 1/2-inch cinnamon sticks
3 4-inch strips of orange zest, removed with a vegetable peeler
2/3 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup Green Valley Creamery Lactose-Free Sour Cream
2-3 TBSP Agave syrup or honey
1. In a stock pot, whisk together the yogurt, water, and salt.
2. Whisk the egg into the yogurt mixture. Add sugar, cinnamon, orange zest, vanilla
3. Stir in the rice, and if you like raisins in your rice pudding, add them now.
4. Place the stockpot over medium heat. Stir constantly while you bring it to a simmer, about 10 to 15 minutes. Once it comes to a simmer, lower the heat until it is maintaining a bare simmer (low or medium-low heat).
5. Continue to stir occasionally for 20 minutes, until the rice is cooked through and the yogurt has thickened. It will thicken more as it cools.
6. Discard cinnamon sticks and orange zest. Stir in sour cream and mix until combined.
7. We love our rice pudding topped with fruit like fresh mango and strawberry. Add your favorite seasonal fruits to warm or cold pudding- both are delicious!